8 Best Florida Road Trips to Take With Your Porsche
Looking for a great way to see the best of Florida? Take a Porsche road trip. Florida is a big state and full of entertaining destinations, all with the promise of the glorious sunshine the state is known for. Whether you just travel from the Atlantic coast to the Gulf Coast or from the north Florida border all the way to Key West, plan on taking the right amount of time to enjoy it. For one of the best Florida road trips, nothing will be quite so enjoyable as traveling Florida in a luxurious Porsche sports car. Which Porsche model should you choose? The sporty coupe looks elegant but might not fit everyone in your group. So, if you have more than two people, go for the Porsche Cayenne or Macan. They’re spacious, have ample room in the trunk for your luggage, and come with all the high-tech features that will make your trip fun.
If you don’t own a Porsche, Spring is the time to get one! Then, try it out on one of the best Florida road trips. Before you get in your Porsche and head out on the road, it is important to make a plan. Florida has tons of attractions, and it requires careful planning so that you will be sure to make the most of your Porsche road trip. Here are a few ideas to consider for the best Florida road trips:
- Miami: In Miami, explore Little Havana, the Design District, and the historic sites in Coral Gables and Coconut Grove. There are dozens of fine restaurants along South Beach and the nightlife is wild. During the day, you can sunbathe at Miami Beach and stroll the sidewalks of Ocean Drive and Collin Avenue. We recommend taking 1-2 days in Miami.
- The Keys and Everglades: Make sure you have ample sunscreen, insect repellant, and appropriate attire if you head to the Everglades. Spend the morning exploring the nature trails and swamps. In the afternoon, drive south to Key West where you can experience one of the most scenic drives. Hopefully, you’ll arrive for sunset. After, there is fine dining and excellent nightlife. Key West has many historic buildings and definitely runs on island time. From Key West, drive north to Bahia Honda State Park where you will capture some of the best oceanside scenery in the south. You could do all of this in a couple of days, but if you have the time, take it.
- The Gulf Coast: After Key West, take the three-hour drive to Sanibel Island, which will take you along Alligator Alley and some of the best beaches in the nation. Rather than sightseeing, this is the time to catch the sun, get a nice bronze tan, and enjoy the warm waters of the Gulf Coast. From Sanibel, visit Fort Myers and explore the Edison & Ford Winter Estates and then head off to quaint Sarasota. This small romantic town has ample art galleries, restaurants, and the bizarre architecture of John Ringling’s mansion. This trip should be about 1-2 days.
- From Sarasota, continue driving up North to Tampa Bay and simply enjoy the Gulf coastline and the gorgeous scenery. Make time to visit Egmont Key State Park, where you can swim, snorkel, and see marine life. There are dozens of five-star hotels here that will make you feel like royalty.
- In Tampa, explore the historic district of Ybor City and enjoy its nightlife and exotic restaurants.
- From Tampa Bay, head over east to Orlando but unless you have children, it is best to avoid Walt Disney. No matter what time you go, the crowds are huge, and the lines for rides always seem long. Orlando has plenty to offer aside from theme parks.
- From Orlando, drive up along the Atlantic Coast and visit Daytona Beach, St. Augustine, and Jacksonville. Daytona Beach is the holy grail of motor car racing and you will also get to enjoy its sandy beaches.
- From Jacksonville, drive west and visit the Florida panhandle. Here you can go kayaking and canoeing, and also enjoy the scenic drive to Destin, which has some of the finest white sandy beaches in the panhandle.
No matter where you go in Florida, enjoy cruising in your Porsche. For the best Florida road trips, focus the trip on scenery, nature, wildlife reserves, and, of course, the beaches. Avoid staying in major towns as they are usually tourist traps. There are plenty of hotels and motels outside most cities to meet your budget. Finally, make sure your Porsche is fully serviced before you embark on your Porsche road trip. Bon Voyage!
To talk about Porsche and discuss what’s unique about each model, call Braman Motorsports today at 1-561-926-9141 and schedule a test drive. You won’t want to give the car back – so, buy one of your own! Enjoy all the pleasures of driving and owning a Porsche, plus, it’s a great way to see Florida!